Friday, January 23, 2009

Car Attack

There are videos here of two accidents in a 10 minute period in front of the Brooklyn game store Kings Games. Both included property damage that neither driver reported. I'm glad we don't get icy roads. It makes me wonder if I should place a camera looking into the parking lot, although I'm not sure I want the responsibility that would come with it.

A few years ago, the owner of Knightly Games in El Centro had a car plow through his front window, taking his store out of business for a while until the place could be repaired. He ended up doing seminars at the annual trade show on game store insurance coverage. I won't bore you with the details of commercial insurance, but I can tell you that plate glass costs thousands of dollars and isn't normally covered. Eventually someone plowed through his window a second time. He's no longer in business.

2 comments:

  1. "Eventually someone plowed through his window a second time. He's no longer in business."

    If I recall Gary, those are not related incidents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the two aren't directly related. Jason still has an eBay store, by the way.

    ReplyDelete