Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hellhounds (40k)

I was looking through Apocalypse Reloaded and found a cool option involving combined fire with three Hellhounds. That changed my 3000 point army plan, and I was thinking all week how I would do that third Hellhound. One of my original plans before I bought a Forge World Hellhound was to make a custom job using the Pegasus chemical plant. I was reluctant to spend the money on the materials; it cost me about $45 for this custom job. However, I wasn't feeling I got my moneys worth on the Forge World $100 version. It's nice, but not $100 nice and a months wait. On a whim, I started building it today and it came out pretty good. I envision it as an earlier version of the Forge World Artemius.





4 comments:

  1. Those fuel tanks on the back scream 'shoot me, shoot me, I explode!.' How effective are flamers in 5th ed? I never bothered with them in 4th ed.

    -Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cover in 5th edition is very, very effective. Flamers ignore cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than the turret, I like the kitbash better than the forgeworld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turret is what sold me on the Forge World model.

    ReplyDelete