Thursday, August 7, 2008

Forge World Tallarns (40K)

So, Forge World resin Tallarn models: twice as expensive, an hour each to prep and assemble, issues with warping and flexing, but man they're nice when it's all said and done.


Tallarn lascannon team




Tallarn snipers

Next in my move from 1500 to 2000 points:

  • Melta Guns. I've got 4 Tallarn melta gunners on order to go with my platoon officer as a counter-assault unit.
  • Artermius Hellhound. On order from Forge World, along with a Tallarn tank commander for one of the Hellhammers (from 2000 to 3000 points).

6 comments:

  1. They look great - except for the bendy barrels on their lasguns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I tried hot water and that didn't work. One barrel broke off. If you look closely you can see a glue blob holding it together.

    On the positive side, you don't notice the barrels too much from the top down, meaning it's not a nagging annoyance in play.

    I'm hoping the vehicles don't have similar problems. I'll find out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kid thought they looked cool.

    OB Blogger - anyone know how to subscribe to a comments without actually posting a comment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, but if you figure it out let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you use this link on the bottom?

    Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, that link just lets you subscribe to it through a newsreader rather than sending you email alerts like subscribing through a post does.

    The only way that I've found so far to get email notification of comments is to either be the blog owner, or to post a comment yourself.

    ReplyDelete