Friday, March 7, 2008

A Little Something On The Side

I decided to dip my toe back into the world of IT this week. I'm taking a job as a computer consultant one day a week. It's just one day, I keep telling myself, and I'm working hard to avoid getting pulled back in. The store is doing very well, and I've been able to pay my salary uninterrupted for over three years now. However, and this is a big however, I'm affected by inflation and rising prices as much as anyone, probably more so since I haven't given myself a raise since I opened the store. Also, my mortgage resets in about 18 months and we're looking at expanding our family, adopting another child. One day a week doing information technology consulting will increase my income by a whopping 50%. So if you were ever under the impression that I ran the store for the money, this should clear that up.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I miss having people pay me to sit around all day.

    ReplyDelete